This comprehensive novel study resource includes EVERYTHING YOU NEED to teach the book by C.S. Lewis. Simplify your lesson planning with this print-and-go unit.
This download now includes BOTH a PRINT and a DIGITAL version your students can complete online through Google classroom.
These pages were created to guide your students through the novel, hold them accountable for their reading, and assess their comprehension through a number of fun and challenging activities.
This resource can be used as a whole-class novel study, small group reading groups, or an individual project. You can pick and choose the activities you’d like to use or print out the entire packet for your students to complete. Download the preview for the table of contents and the standards covered in this packet.
The resource includes:
- novel study cover page
- Tracking My Progress (student accountability sheet)
- Chapter Activities (one-page comprehension activities for every chapter)
- Dictionary Detective (vocabulary activity: 4 words per chapter)
- Keeping the Characters Straight (character matching quiz)
- Reading Comprehension Final Test
(15-question multiple choice test covering the entire book)
- Reading Response Questions (four short-answer writing prompts)
- Chapter Summary graphic organizer
(a blank template that can be filled out for any chapter)
- Character Profiles: Lucy, Edmund, Susan, Peter, Aslan, and the White Witch
(asks the reader to list physical and character traits and similarities/differences between the character and the reader)
- Journal Entries (four writing prompts that ask the student to write from the one of the character’s perspectives)
- Reading Response Questions (two reading response prompts)
- Letter Writing (a prompt that asks the student to write to the author, C.S. Lewis, about their feelings about the book)
- Magical Creatures Research Project
- The Book VS The Movie Compare And Contrast Graphic Organizer
- Christian Allegory (optional)
- Interactive Notebook Foldables
(complete student directions are included for each)
- Suggested Answers Keys (30 pages)
DIGITAL ACTIVITIES: Many of these activities are also available in a DIGITAL format if you would like your students to complete the assignments and submit via Google classroom. Your students can type their answers in the activities provided in the Google Slides presentation. I have also included a self-grading multiple choice reading comprehension test your students can take after reading the book.
The link to the digital activities is included in the download.