Teach your students about the fantastically rich world of PERSONIFICATION with this print-and-go resource. This packet includes activities to introduce, review, and assess their understanding of personification – Simplify your lesson planning today!
“The sun smiled as I walked to school.”
“The flower reached her arms towards the sun”
Can the sun “smile”?
Can flowers “reach”?
Not in the real world – but they can…in a personification world!
Personification is assigning human qualities or characteristics to a non-human object…and it’s a great figurative language skill to enhance your students’ writing!
This FUN and ENGAGING activity packet is the perfect supplement to your figurative language study of personification. The 24-page packet includes 5 separate personification activities plus a 30-question assessment. The task cards can be used as a scoot game, a scavenger hunt around the classroom, or a center activity for review and reinforcement.
The packet includes:
- Personification Center Cover
- 32 Identifying Personification Task Cards
- Task Card Student Tracking Sheet
- Task Card Answer Key
- Illustrating Personification Activity Sheet
- “A Day in the Life” Personification Writing Prompt
- “Personify That!” student activity: Directions
- “Personify That!” student activity: Example
- “Personify That!” student activity: Template
- Personification or Not? Activity
- Personification or Not? Activity Answer Key
- Personification Assessment (30 questions)
- Personification Assessment Answer Key
Resources created by Jessica Lawler