This print-and-go resource is full of activities to supplement the novel by Lauren Tarshis.
This download includes EVERYTHING YOU NEED to teach the book. You simply need to print these pages and watch your students’ comprehension soar as they engage with the text in a fun and meaningful way. This download also includes a DIGITAL version for your students to complete and submit via Google classroom. Simplify your lesson planning today!
I have included a two-page nonfiction article to build background knowledge about the Attacks of September 11, 2001. The article also has a ten-question comprehension quiz to assess understanding. As the students read the novel, there are many graphic organizers for them to fill in, activities for every chapter, writing prompts, and a research project.
This printable novel study includes:
- September 11, 2001 Show What You Know graphic organizer
- The Attacks of September 11, 2001 Background Information (2 pages)
- The Attacks of September 11, 2001: Reading comprehension questions/quiz
- Questions/brainstorming activity
- Reading Log
- Story Elements graphic organizer
- Beginning-Middle-End organizer
- Chapter summary template
- Character profile template
- Chapter reading comprehension quizzes (Chapter 1-2, Chapters 3-4, Chapters 5-6, Chapters 7-8, Chapters 9-10, and Chapters 11-12)
- Timeline of Events
- Journal Entry: Never Play Again?
- Journal Entry: What Just Happened?
- Letter to a Friend
- Heroes of September 11, 2001 Research Project
- Answer Keys for graphic organizers, reading comprehension quiz, and chapter activities
Google slides: This download also includes a DIGITAL version for your students to complete and submit via Google classroom. The link to the Google slides activities is included in the download.
Resource created by Jessica Lawler