This resource includes everything you need to teach and assess the book by E. B. White. Engage your students with these fun and challenging activities – and simplify your lesson planning with this no prep resource that includes both print and digital activities for your students.
These pages were created to guide your students through the novel, hold them accountable for their reading, and assess their comprehension through a number of fun and challenging activities. This resource can be used as a whole-class novel study, small group reading groups, or an individual project. You can pick and choose the activities you’d like to use or print out the entire packet for your students to complete.
The 65-page resource includes:
- Charlotte’s Web novel study cover page
- Tracking My Progress (student accountability sheet)
- Chapter Activities (one-page comprehension activities for every two chapters)
- Vivid Vocabulary (dictionary activity: four words per two chapters)
- K-W-L Chart: Spiders
- Keeping the Characters Straight (note-taking graphic organizer and character matching quiz)
- Chapter Summary graphic organizer (a blank template that can be filled out for any chapter)
- Character Profiles: Wilbur and Charlotte (asks the reader to list physical and character traits and similarities/differences between the character and the reader)
- Journal Entries (five writing prompts that ask the student to write from the perspective of either Fern, Wilbur, Charlotte, of another farm animal)
- Book Recommendation letter (writing prompt asking the reader to recommend the book to a friend)
- Dear Friend letter (writing prompt asking the reader to write a letter to a special friend, thanking them for their friendship)
- Web Design (drawing activity that asks the student to design a saying in a web like Charlotte did)
- The Book VS The Movie (compare and contrast graphic organizer)
- Interactive Notebook foldables (5 foldables; complete student directions are included for each)
- Suggested answers keys (20 pages)
DIGITAL ACTIVITIES: Many of these activities are also available in a DIGITAL format if you would like your students to complete the assignments and submit via Google classroom. Your students can type their answers in the activities provided in the Google Slides presentation. I have also included a self-grading multiple choice reading comprehension test your students can take after reading the book. The link to the digital activities is included in the download.
The link to the digital activities is included in the download.
Resource created by: Jessica Lawler