My MOPS group did a fun craft project this week and I wanted to share it with you all – it’s a wonderful (and oh-so-easy!) idea that you can use with your students or your personal kiddos.
Kindness Rocks have become a growing trend across the country (and even the world!). They are a great and easy way to brighten up someone’s day in an unexpected way! The idea behind kindness rocks is simple: decorate a rock with an inspirational message and then leave it in a public place for others to find!
You never know when your rock will be just what someone needs to see that day. It will no doubt put a smile on their face. Some of you moms may have already seen Kindness Rocks while you are out at your local parks or favorite public places. It’s a great way to spread kindness around our communities! Plus it proves an awesome discussion starter with our class or our personal kiddos.
Here are the supplies you will need:
- Rocks (River rocks work best!) You can buy a 5 lb. bag on Amazon for only $10
- Craft or Spray paint in whatever color you want your background to be
- Paint Pen (optional, but I highly recommend – it works best for writing on smaller rocks)
- Acrylic Craft paint and paint brush for painting your message and designs
- Optional: Modge Podge or any clear sealer to give your kindness rocks maximum weather protection!