Setting the tone in your classroom is vital for a successful school year. As the teacher, you want to clearly communicate your expectations for how your students should behave. Many classrooms are focused on outward behavior modification. But as a Christian teacher, I was always concerned about heart transformation.
One thing I created to cultivate a biblical classroom community was these Classroom Value cards. More than just a cute display, these cards serve an important purpose in encouraging our students to develop godly character.
Ideas for the classroom:
- Display these on your wall and discuss what each character trait means.
- Have your students give practical examples of what it looks like to live these character traits out on a daily basis.
- Divide your students into groups and have them look up the Bible references that correspond with each value.
- Give each student a copy of the Bible-Based Classroom Values >At a Glance< printable and have them sign it as a pledge that they will seek to demonstrate these biblical character traits.
- Give out awards each month (or quarter or year) to students who have demonstrated the different values.
Cultivate a biblical classroom community with these print-and-go Bible Classroom Value Cards